Saturday, June 5, 2010

The NBA Finals baby!


So it seems fitting that my first blog be about my first sports love. That would be the NBA, more specifically the Chicago Bulls. Even more specific is Michael Jordan, but that is getting TOO specific for now.

Yes the NBA. Where amazing happens, or so Kanye says. Of all the sports that I have watched in my life, the NBA surely has to be numero uno. On a side note, I love how in my blog I can put whatever I want, and this isn't something that will be turned in. Like...my biggest man-crush besides Dr. Glover is Kobe Bryant.

OK where am I going with this? Waaaaaay off topic right now.

So...as most everyone (even non-sports fans) knows...the NBA Finals have started. Let me tell ya...it makes me giddy (Too many ellipsis so far? Too bad...deal with it). A finals match-up that we have this year is why I love sports to begin with. The two teams with the most history in the league matching up again. In 2008 it was all about the nostalgia feeling older dudes had to see the Lakers and Celtics play against each other for all the marbles. This time around...there is some genuine dislike between the two teams. I won't say hate...yet.

I was uber afraid before the series began that this would play out much like the '08 Finals did. With the Lakers having the best player, but the Celtics having the better, tougher team. Much to my surprise, in Game 1 the Lakers were tougher, Kobe still played great, and Kevin Garnett was actually softer than a European player. I know injuries played a huge part in that, but I'll take it.

I predict that Game 2 will be much closer. The Celtics will take Paul Pierce's lead from Game 1, and be much more aggressive. Bill Simmons keeps saying that Kobe needs to be knocked on his A-Team when he drives to the hole. However, if you know anything about Kobe's history...he always finishes when he gets close to the hole. OK just kidding...kinda.

My final prediction for Game 2? Lakers edge the Celtics 98-95. I probably just jinxed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment